Charcoal clay masks have become increasingly popular in recent years, thanks to their many benefits for the skin. They are known for their ability to detoxify the skin, reduce acne breakouts, control oiliness, refine pores, and smooth the skin.
In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of charcoal clay masks, how they work, and why powdered clay masks are better than cream/gel clay masks. We will also provide some tips for using charcoal clay masks safely and effectively.
Benefits of Charcoal Clay Masks
Here are some of the benefits of using charcoal clay masks:
- Detoxify the skin: Charcoal clay masks can help to draw out impurities and toxins from the skin, leaving it feeling clean and refreshed.
- Reduce acne breakouts: Charcoal clay masks can help to absorb excess oil and bacteria, which can help to prevent acne breakouts.
- Control oiliness: Charcoal clay masks can help to absorb excess oil from the skin, leaving it feeling matte and oil-free.
- Refine pores: Charcoal clay masks can help to refine pores and improve their appearance.
- Smooth the skin: Charcoal clay masks can help to smooth the skin’s texture and improve its overall appearance.
How Charcoal Clay Masks Work
Charcoal clay masks work by attracting and absorbing impurities and toxins from the skin. Charcoal is a highly porous material, which means that it has a lot of tiny holes that can trap these substances. When you apply a charcoal clay mask to your skin, the charcoal particles will attract and absorb dirt, oil, bacteria, and other impurities. This can help to improve the overall appearance of your skin and reduce the risk of breakouts.
Why Powdered Clay Masks Are Better Than Cream/Gel Clay Masks
Powdered clay masks are better than cream/gel clay masks for a few reasons. First, powdered clay masks are more concentrated, which means that they are more effective at drawing out impurities and toxins from the skin. Second, powdered clay masks are easier to apply and remove. Third, powdered clay masks are less likely to clog pores. Therefore, opting for powdered clay masks is a great choice specifically if you are currently suffering from cystic acne, acne & breakouts, blackheads & whiteheads. We specifically recommend the Rhassoul 600 as it is not only made of natural clays, but rather it is made of activated coconut charcoal and acids too, making it a highly multi-functional clay mask!
Tips for Using Charcoal Clay Masks
Here are some tips for using charcoal clay masks safely and effectively:
- Choose a mask that is formulated for your specific skin type. The Rhassoul 600 is great in this sense as it works perfectly fine for all skin types at a very effective rate.
- Apply the mask to clean, dry skin.
- Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off with warm water.
- Moisturize your skin after using the mask.
You can use charcoal clay masks once or twice a week, depending on your skin type. If you have sensitive skin, you may want to start with once a week and gradually increase the frequency of use.
Charcoal clay masks are a great way to detoxify your skin and improve its overall appearance. If you are looking for a natural and effective way to cleanse and nourish your skin, then a charcoal clay mask is a great option especially the Rhassoul 600 as it contains 3 of the largest detoxifying ingredients in the world, activated coconut charcoal, rhassoul clay and AHA( Alpha hydroxy acids) which makes it 50X better compared to regular charcoal mask.
The Rhassoul 600 is an extremely effective toxin binder, aiding in detoxifying trapped gunk in your pores, refining pores, shrinking acne specifically inflammatory acne (You might need to braise yourself for this one, as once applied, you will start noticing volcanic puss eruptions due to the rhassoul600’s detoxifying contents! Yikes!).
Fret not, the Rhassoul 600 is a non- drying clay mask. It is extremely hydrating as it contains Rhassoul clay largely, which is extremely important to prevent further breakouts, as drying your skin out excessively may risk from further breakouts. The Rhassoul 600 also contains dried AHA, making it extremely effective brightening exfoliant once it is activated with water. We specifically chose to use AHA, as it will also aid in lightening your scars and brightening dull looking skin!